If you enroll in a course offered by APC-BC through the E-learning option, information about you and your activity in the course is received and controlled also by APC-BC.
Information that APC-BC collects from you (including personal information)APC-BC directly collects information when you:
- sign up for an APC-BC E-learning user account and create a user profile;
- enroll and participate in E-learning courses;
- purchase a product or service (for example, Verified Certificates);
- send email messages to APC-BC (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys; and
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on the APC-BC E-learning Site.
APC-BC also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the APC-BC E-learning Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
APC-BC does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the APC-BC E-learning Site, for example a Verified Certificate, you will be directed to our third-party payment processor and ID verification service. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via APC-BC E-learning.APC-BC requires your Personal Information when you:
- sign up for an APC-BC E-learning user account (name, username, email address);
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that APC-BC can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that APC-BC’s third-party vendor can process payment);
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that APC-BC’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or
- earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it).
APC-BC associates the information that it collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you) based on Personal Information in your account profile.You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on the APC-BC E-learning Site, for example:
- in your APC-BC E-learning account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other E-learning users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on the APC-BC E-learning Site (noting that in some cases, this information could be shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for the APC-BC E-learning Site).
APC-BC encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on the APC-BC E-learning Site. If you later choose to delete your E-learning account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the process and limits outlined below.
How your information is used
APC-BC uses information, including Personal Information, to carry out the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the APC-BC E-learning Site – This includes creating and improving features that support the APC-BC community and enable APC-BC E-learning Site usage at scale. This also includes personalizing the APC-BC E-learning Site, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs.
- Create, administer, provide, and teach courses – This includes creating and improving the delivery of massive open online courses and programs on APC-BC E-learning Site. This also includes personalizing courses, so your learning experience is tailored to your interests and needs, and assessing your performance and awarding certificates.
- Offer and improve products and services – This includes enabling you to navigate the APC-BC E-learning Site, to enroll and participate in courses and programs on the APC-BC E-learning Site, to learn effectively in such courses and programs, and to purchase or obtain products and services on the APC-BC E-learning Site such as Verified Certificates.
- Develop and maintain the security and performance of the APC-BC E-learning Site – This includes tracking APC-BC E-learning Site outages and creating software solutions, detecting violations of the Honor Code and Terms of Service, and monitoring uses, misuses, and potential misuses of the APC-BC E-learning Site.
- Communicate with you – This includes answering your course and platform questions, notifying you of course and APC-BC E-learning Site maintenance and updates, marketing to you about course offerings, programs, news, and related products and services of APC-BC/APCWO, and as permitted under applicable law.
- Track APC-BC E-learning Site usage against goals and mission – This includes performing analytics to evaluate access to and performance in courses and course-related products and services and to report aggregate usage information (not Personal Information).
- Exercise, enforce, and comply with legal rights and obligations – This includes responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; and investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of APC-BC, or others, and as otherwise required by applicable law.
APC-BC may also seek your consent for additional uses of information, including Personal Information, and will use it only for the purpose described to you. All use of Personal Information is subject to applicable law.
How to manage your Personal Information
You can manage your Personal Information through learner features on the APC-BC E-learning Site and requests to the APC-BC E-learning support team. APC-BC will provide support to the extent required by applicable law (for example, learners in the European Union) and more broadly when possible, as a courtesy in our sole discretion. APC-BC will notify you in the event that APC-BC is unable to meet a request that is not legally required.
Access and correct your Personal Information
Much of your Personal Information is available in your APC-BC E-learning account. Your name, email address, and other identifiable profile information is editable through the profile settings in your E-learning account except as noted below. Your account dashboard lists all current and archived courses in which you have enrolled and includes links to any Verified Certificates you may have earned. The dashboard also contains copies of your answers and other participation and performance in courses. Please contact APC-BC E-learning support to access and update this or other information.
- Usernames cannot ever be changed. This is an APC-BC E-learning restriction. Because usernames identify you in courses and elsewhere on the APC-BC E-learning Site, APC-BC encourages you to use discretion in choosing your username. If you want to protect your identity, do not use your real name or a name identifiable to you as your username.
- APC-BC does not track or index every time or every place on the APC-BC E-learning Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so neither APC-BC will be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. APC-BC encourages you to use discretion before volunteering Personal Information on the APC-BC E-learning Site.
Restrict or object to the processing of Personal Information
If you want to manage emails and other communications to you, you may update your preferences in your APC-BC E-learning account dashboard, follow the steps described in links at the bottom of email messages, or contact APC-BC E-learning support. You may object to, or request that APC-BC stop, its use of your Personal Information for other purposes by contacting the APC-BC E-learning support team. Please note that if you choose to restrict APC-BC’s ability to process Personal Information, and the processing is otherwise required to provide you with various services and products offered on the APC-BC E-learning Site, you may not be able to establish an APC-BC user account or enroll for a course, and APC-BC may not be able to provide you with those services or products.
Delete account and Personal Information
To request deletion of your APC-BC E-learning account and Personal Information, you should click the button labeled “Delete my account” in your APC-BC E-learning account settings. Because deletion on the APC-BC E-learning system is a permanent action and cannot be reversed, APC-BC may ask you to complete a process that aims to confirm your authority to manage the APC-BC E-learning account affected by your request.With respect to your E-learning account, APC-BC will permanently:
- deactivate your APC-BC E-learning account,
- remove the active profile,
- retire your username, and
- remove you from APC-BC email lists.
With respect to your Personal Information, APC-BC will permanently delete your APC-BC E-learning account profile Personal Information from the APC-BC E-learning Site.
As noted above, to the extent that APC-BC associates the information that APC-BC collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your APC-BC E-learning account profile. By erasing the Personal Information in your APC-BC E-learning account profile, the remaining information about your activity on the APC-BC E-learning Site will no longer be associated with you, except as noted below.
- Deletion will not apply to historical activity logs or archives unless and until these logs and data naturally "age-off" the APC-BC E-learning system.
- APC-BC does not track or index every time or every place on the APC-BC E-learning Site when or where a learner may volunteer Personal Information, so APC-BC will not be able to help you locate or manage all such instances. APC-BC encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing your Personal Information on the APC-BC E-learning Site.
- APC-BC will archive course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law).
- APC-BC cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, records relating to previous purchases on the APC-BC E-learning Site must be retained for financial reporting, audit, and compliance reasons.
- APC-BC will retain and use Personal Information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
APC-BC will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services; to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting, audit, and compliance purposes; and to comply with APC-BC’s/APCWO’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce its agreements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Upon your request that APC-BC deactivate your account and delete your information, APC-BC will follow the process described above, including without limitation archiving your course data (in a manner and to the extent permitted under applicable law).
Storage & Security
APC-BC stores information, including Personal Information, on servers of companies that APC-BC/APCWO hires to provide services.
APC-BC controls its own copy of information collected through the APC-BC E-learning Site and has an information security program designed to protect information in its possession or control. This is done through a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures. APC-BC uses administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the information that it collects, receives, stores, or transmits. Nonetheless, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; and therefore, APC-BC cannot guarantee its absolute security. While APC-BC works hard to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, APC-BC cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent "hackers" or other unauthorized persons from illegally accessing or obtaining information.
If APC-BC learns of a security breach involving its copy of your Personal Information, APC-BC may attempt to notify you electronically so that you may take appropriate protective steps. By using the APC-BC E-learning Site or providing Personal Information to APC-BC, you agree that APC-BC can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the APC-BC E-learning Site. If a security systems breach occurs, APC-BC may post a notice on the APC-BC homepage (apcbiblecollege.org) or elsewhere on the APC-BC E-learning Site (elearn.apcbiblecollege.org) and may send an email to you at the email address associated with your APC-BC/APC-BC E-learning account. Depending on where you are located, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach, involving your Personal Information, in writing.
If you have privacy concerns, have disclosed data you would prefer to keep private, or would like to access the Personal Information that APC-BC maintains about you, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also write to us at: ATTN: PRIVACY, All Peoples Church Bible College, Church Administrative Office, #319, 2nd Floor, 7th Main, HRBR Layout, 2nd Block, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore - 560043 INDIA
APC-BC E-learning Site consists of all content and pages located within the apcbiblecollege.org web domain, including elearn.apcbiblecollege.org, and all APC-BC/APCWO mobile applications.
Personal Information is information that specifically identifies you or that, when combined with other information, could be used to identify you.
Tracking Technologies are web beacons, clear gifs, pixels, and similar technologies that are also unique identifiers used to track your online activity but are not stored on your device.
Verified Certificate is a virtual certificate that shows that you have successfully completed your APC-BC E-learning course or program and verified your identity using your webcam and your acceptable form of photo ID.
Effective Date: April 01, 2021